Friday, May 17, 2019

Dysmorphia

Skinny people think they are too fat.
Fat people think and know they are fat.
Some people think their heads are too big. Some people dislike the way their limbs look.

Some people hate their faces, wanting to be beautiful.

Some beautiful people think they could be more beautiful than they are.


It starts on the inside, folks!


Beauty is as beauty does.

Thank you, Jimmy Dodd.

Recently I got braces on my teeth again. I had them from fifth grade to freshman year in college. My teeth came out okay, just not perfect, but they lasted for a long time, until about two years ago.
After the chemo, all sorts of things changed in my body.

My hair did grow back, which is a plus, though hair in other parts of my body did not, which meant I didn't need to shave my legs any more.
My hands get numb, mostly in the little and ring fingers, both of 'em.
My feet, well, they're numb most of the time.

I have no idea what my guts are doing. I hope they're all right, but I think some of them aren't functioning the way they should.

As I age, I find I'm getting bumps in my skin...not warts or moles, just little bumps. Grandma Lefko used to refer to them as "sand". Thanks, Gram. It works for me, too.

Now, I am 70 years old. In my mind, I am still mid 20s, but that doesn't count. I can expect certain changes, and though I don't welcome them, they cannot be denied.
My brain functions only when pressed...editing is good, not so good remembering what we ate while on vacation I don't even remember going on.

Faces of people I know sometimes slip through.
I call most people sweetie or honey or kiddo or babe to cover.

Dear GOD, don't let me be falling into senility or ALZ!

If I die soon, I'd like it to be with most of my faculties intact. What's left of them, that is.


One of the best photos of me and my parents. I was 28 and that was my wedding dress.


1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the inside beauty counts more to the right people. I would not switch places with any of the Kardashians. (Except on Met Gala night. I would LOVE to go to the Met Gala!)

    ReplyDelete