Sunday, October 9, 2016

New clothes

Herb has never ever commented on my clothing. Ever.
He's not the noticing type, I guess, because we've been together for over 40 years exclusively and not once has he mentioned what I was wearing, what I should be wearing, whether I looked good or pathetic in my choice of clothing.
 
Today, I came downstairs in a new shirt I got that is way too big for me, but it was chilly in the house and this was sort of a sweatshirt.
 
He stared at me, raised an eyebrow and said, "Well, this is new."
 
Yes.
Yes it is new.
It is grey. I have to roll up the sleeves.
It is cozy and warm and I just got it this past week in the mail.
 
He didn't venture to say he liked or disliked it.
But he noticed it.
 
Considering he asks me if what he is going to wear is proper, a good color, warm or cold enough, I should consider myself lucky.
Or not.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment