Things are not going too well with the world.
War still going on in Iraq and Afghanistan. Israel and Syria and Iran all hate each other. The king of Saudi Arabia died yesterday...he was stable at least.
Let's see. What else is messed up?
Our new pots and pans were made in China. We purchased them over the ones made in America because the set included a 12 inch frying pan that husband wanted. I hope the workers in Pennsylvania forgive us if their kids go hungry.
I joked today that we were in the 1%. The cashier kid didn't have a clue what I meant. Oh, well.
It is supposed to snow or rain or snow then rain, or rain and rain and rain tomorrow, with rain or snow on Monday.
The Russians are still in Eastern Ukraine.
People in McDonalds in Japan found inedible crap in their chicken nuggets.
Ebola is still ravaging Africa and scaring the shit out of us here. Measles are another worry. I think we're safe, but there's a wicked stomach virus going round and I think Mom has it.
Brush fires in Australia.
Have I touched every continent? No? I left out South America. Isn't anything bad happening there? No?
Husband is learning how to make ice cream.
I will stick around a little longer.
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Here I shall attempt to list the best things that happened in the previous year.
1. Nobody I loved dearly died.
2. I went to two book signings!
3. The front of the house was completely redone without pain and suffering on my part...and it got finished in about two weeks.
4. Sandy came from Las Vegas for a visit.
5. Sally came to visit with Sandy.
6. I do not have breast cancer.
7. Elyse still has her job and did a great job of promoting herself.
8. Karyn still has terrible migraines, but she's doing her artwork again, which is wonderful.
9. Herb promised to quit his financial duties at the post.
10. We went to Wildwood, had a good time.
11. Worked for other people, made some dinero.
13. Georgia family here, except for Matt and Kelley.
14. Posted new novella.
15. Running out of things that were good.
All in all, if I just count these events, it wasn't too bad. But the older I get, the less time I have to have great things happen to me. Bless us all.