Tuesday, May 29, 2018

When?

Darius Rucker has a new album out. The title song is "When was the Last Time You Did Something for the First Time?"
 
I had to think about that.
 
I've been doing a little traveling lately, not too far away, just Lancaster PA and Mystic CN, but I'd been to both places before. I did see and do some things like look at model trains and see some Viking artifacts, but when it comes right down to it, I had done similar things previously.
Hell, I've put together model train sets, though I saw lots more, but in fact, they were new but not new.
Okay, I saw lots more Viking stuff in NY a long time ago...many more on exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum. These were different, and lots fewer than the Met, but in essence, quite the same.
 
So, what have I done that I'd never done before?
 
I had shepherd's pie in PA.
I had lobster roll in CN.
 
It has come to this.
 
Is it time to step out of my comfort zone and actually try something I've never done before?
 
We shall see. Should the opportunity come up, I will seize it.
 
Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment